Morgan Highfield & Land and Prestige Car Leasing are trading names of Yorkshire Vehicle Finance Limited (“We”, “Our”, “Us”) who are a credit broker, not a Lender.
This privacy statement sets our current policies and our commitment to your privacy.
We may change the content or services found on our website at any time without notice, and consequently, our privacy statement and the Terms may change at any time in the future.
Our business is built on trust between our customers and us. You must understand how we collect, treat and store your personal data.
- If you enquire on this website, we collect information from and about you that is relevant to the nature of your enquiry. We do this to better to understand your financial needs and offer suitable products and services. It will include your name, telephone number, email address, and where relevant the name of a business, style and the trading period.
- We also record, store and monitor information and data we collect from you to help monitor customer service, improve our products and check your instructions.
- We may be required to disclose the information we hold about you to law enforcement agencies and government or judicial bodies without your permission.
- If you decide to order with our business and to administer your contract, we may need to share some of your personal information with other data controllers, this might include but is not limited to: credit reference agencies, the lease provider known as the lender, other credit brokers, the supplier of the vehicle and car insurance companies.
- We aim to keep customer information up-to-date and we make reasonable attempts to contact our clients to ask if the information we hold is accurate and current.
- You have a right to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time, either by the unsubscribe option at the footer or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with unsubscribe as the subject.
- We make reasonable efforts to maintain strict security systems, designed to prevent unauthorised access to customer information by a third party.
- All employees and third-party contractors with permitted access to customer information are specifically required to observe confidentiality obligations and undertake a non-disclosure agreement.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in our company.
Data protection principles
We are committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
This policy applies to all personal data processed by us.
Mr Paul Thomas shall take responsibility for ongoing compliance with this policy.
This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
We shall register with the Information Commissioner’s Office as an organisation that processes personal data.
Lawful, fair and transparent processing.
To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, we shall maintain a register of all data collected, for clients this information regarding how we collect data and what is done with it is shown in the privacy notice. For data about staff and any other internal data collected i.e. any data not collected from clients. They will be notified when the data is collected about the means and storage of this data.
The privacy notice shall be reviewed at least annually.
Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to. We shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
All data processed by us must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing).
We shall note the appropriate lawful basis wherever data is collected from its clients.
Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in our systems.
We shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
We shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
Archiving / removal
To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, We shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
We shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions have been considered, these will be reviewed annually in the business continuity plan.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, We shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/personal-data-breaches).
We shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
b. Generally, there our 3 systems we will use to collect data for our business. Our website, our CRM and our local IT network (our office). Where we use other systems, we will ensure that our customers are made aware of this at the point of use and that these systems comply with this data protection policy.
Information not recommendation
Information or opinions contained on this website do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation or offer to buy, any securities or financial instruments or investment advice or any advice or recommendation in respect of such securities or other financial instruments.
Should you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any content contained on this website, you do so at your own risk.
Before you make any decision or take any action that might affect you or your personal finances or business, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional adviser(s) to obtain appropriate financial, legal, accounting, tax and other advice.
How long we keep your data
We will not keep your data for any longer than necessary, or for a maximum period for which it was first collected that is not more than eight years.
If not before, at the end of the maximum period of time data that we hold about you shall be deleted.
An exception to this maximum period will be if the law requires us to keep your data for longer.
If we contacted you in error, someone else used your data to enquire or making a complaint
If we contacted you in error, you believe or suspect someone else has used your personal or company data to enquire with us, or you wish to make a complaint, then please contact us. We will try to ensure a prompt resolution to your concern or complaint.
In the unlikely event, we are not able to resolve your complaint about the use of your data, or if you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted by post: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF or telephone: 0303 1231113 or website: www.ico.org.uk
Users of the website
This website is currently intended for those who access it from within the United Kingdom. Because of this, we cannot guarantee that the website or the information thereon complies with law or regulation, or is appropriate for use, in other places.
You are wholly responsible for the use of the website by any person using your computer, and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms.
Products or services on this website do not constitute an offer or recommendation of any products or services provided by our company. The information provided on this website is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation.
Products discussed on this website may not have been registered or authorised by any central bank, governmental or regulatory authority in the Authorised Countries or the country of your residence. Accordingly, you may not have the benefit of protection from the securities laws, banking laws and other relevant laws and regulations of your country of residence concerning products or services referred to on or through this website.
No representation is given that any products or services discussed on or accessible through this website are suitable for you or any particular person. You acknowledge that your use of this website and any requests for information you have made as a result of visiting this website are not the result of an offer made by us and that the provision of any information through this website shall not constitute or be considered investment or financial advice.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that stores Internet settings. Most websites including this website use cookie technology. Cookies are downloaded by your chosen Internet browser the first time you visit a website.
If you re-visit the same website from an identical device, without clearing your cached files first the cookie and the information are usually sent back to the originating website (these are known as first-party cookies) or to another website (these are known as third-party cookies). Websites can then detect that if they have already been opened using this browser & in some cases may vary the content displayed.
Cookies can be extremely useful & improve your user experience when returning to a website previously visited. Assuming you are using an identical device and the same browser that you used before then it’s likely cookies will remember your preferences, will know how you used the website on your previous visit and may adapt the content shown so more relevant to your interests and requirements.
Cookie settings on prestige-car-leasing.co.uk
Cookies on this website that do not require approval.
Cookies that are deemed essential are known as ‘strictly necessary’ cookies as they enable features which without you would simply not be able to use the website as we intended. These cookies are used only by prestige-car-leasing.co.uk are known as first-party cookies saved on your computer while browsing the website.
Categories of cookies
There are usually four categories of a cookie, Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies & Marketing cookies
Strictly necessary cookies
Essential for you to navigate around this website & basic features like navigating backwards or remembering data added to forms or preferences will not work without them. Strictly necessary cookies cannot be disabled using the essential functions of our website.
Are used to gather information about how our website is used, which pages visitors open most often and if users receive error messages or encounter difficulties using certain pages. Performance cookies do not save information & the information collected information is aggregated; therefore, anonymous. Performance cookies are used only to enhance the performance of this website and the user experience.
Help our website save the information already entered (this could be or your location or existing preferences), so we may offer you an improved service. Like Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies are collected anonymously and cannot track your movements on other websites.
Designed to deliver adverts and other messages more relevant to you. Marketing cookies are also intended to restrict the number of times advertisements are displayed also measuring the effectiveness & quality of specific campaigns. Marketing cookies remember if you visit a particular website and this information can be shared with other organisations. Cookies for improving group targeting and advertising will often be linked to website functionality provided by other organisations.
Your cookie settings on this website
You can altogether disable cookies in your browser at any time.
Please note if you change your settings deciding to block certain cookies, you may not be able to use prestige-car-leasing.co.uk as we intended & may find some parts of our website will not work correctly.